Important: Images should be downsized BEFORE you upload them to WordPress. Large images make your pages load slowly, particularly on mobile devices. Slow page load times can cause visitors to abandon your website.
- Go to Web Photo Resizer – http://www.webresizer.com – upload your image and resize it so the width is 585 or less pixels wide. Click “download this image” and save the resized image to your hard drive.
- In WordPress, click in the content area where you want the image to appear.
- Click Add Media. The Insert Media screen appears:
- In the right column, Click Upload Files. The screen changes:
- Click the Select Files button. The File Upload screen appears. Double-click the file you want to upload. The File Upload screen closes, and the screen changes to show details about the image:
- If you want to wrap text around the image, in the lower right of the screen, in the Attachment Display Settings section, use the drop-down list to set the alignment to Left, Center, Right, or None.
- In the lower right corner, click the button Insert into post (or page). The Insert Media screen closes and the image appears in the Edit box.
- Click Update.