These instructions are a continuation of the page linked above.
- In Content Source, choose Static.
- Add Sub Heading Text if desired. This will overlay text on the slide.
- If desired, in Hide Slide Text, click Hide Text.
- In Link To, choose Do not link, Link to a Page or Post, or Specify a URL.
- Choose a content subtype – image or video:
For image slides:
In Hero Image, click Add Image, and follow the screens to choose an image, or upload one.
For video slides:
If desired, in Hero Video, click Add Video, and follow the screens to choose a video, or upload one.
Warning – Choose the Image or Video for the First Slide with Caution!
The colors in the first slide affect the header color scheme of the entire website.
The header slide on the Nutritional Sciences website contains a photo of trees.
The theme takes a horizontal slice of the top of the image and then blurs it, and puts that behind the UW crest, site name and menu on the homepage:
…and on the subsequent pages in the site, where the slideshow is not displayed:
If you change the first slide to a different photo or video, you can alter the look, feel, and mood of the whole website:
The green colors of the first image are warm and inviting, with more of a natural feel; the silver in the second image is colder and more aloof, with more of an industrial feel.
- If desired, in Hero Image Vertical Alignment, set the vertical alignment to Top, Centered, or Bottom.
- In Disable Image Filter, if desired, click Yes.
- In Disable Blur Filter, if desired, click Yes.
If the image contains a lot of detail, e.g. a photo of trees, disabling the blur filter could make it hard to read the menu – the blur filter increases contrast and makes the menu easier to read:
- In Content Permissions, if desired, choose a user role. If desired, enter an error message in the Custom Error Message box to display when users who do not have a high enough role try to view the content.
- Click Publish.